Friday, May 15, 2009

Four loaves baked today...



Today i baked four small loaves of bread. Tonight we are going to a little potluck dinner with friends, and I'll bring two loaves with me to share. That leaves another two for home eating.

I made one "tiger semolina" (with the black sesame seed stripes), two olive/sundriedtomato/onion loaves, and one plain white boule with sesame seeds on top, slashed in a sun pattern. I'll take one olive loaf and the semolina to the potluck tonight.

I bought a refrigerator thermometer last week and discovered that my fridge and freezer were both set too cold. This actually could be affecting both the ripening and the rise rate of my doughs as they sit in my refrigerator! I have now adjusted the settings to a normal level. It'll be interesting to see if there is any change in my next batch of breads.

No comments:

Post a Comment