Friday, July 22, 2011

Spicy Dill Pickles with Peppers and Garlic

Yesterday I made my second batch of pickles for the year. I'm getting a lot of pickling cucumbers from the garden right now. This time I added some garlic cloves, spices, and pepper strips to each jar, including a sliced whole small hot green pepper. I wound up with a total of 27 quarts' worth, and it took most of the day. I haven't tasted them yet, but they look pretty good. Sheba (aka "Boo-Boo") investigated the jars before I stored them away. (click pictures to enlarge)



2 comments:

  1. Those look yummy. How are your bees doing in this crazy weather?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are ok. No honey to spare and take for myself, but I did a bunch of splitting and made 6 hives from two i started with. Those all seem to be ok and they have new queens they made themsleves, but winter will tell.

    ReplyDelete